Sarah's Chile Osorno Mission (July 2011-Dec 2012) Helaman 3:29-30
Mission Address
Missionary Training Center:
(July 20- August 31 2011)
Sister Sarah Maelyssa Furniss
MTC Mailbox: #302
CHI-OSO 0920
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
United States
Tel: 1-801-422-2602
Mission Home:
(September 2011-December 2012)
Sister Sarah Maelyssa Furniss
Chile Osorno Mission
Casilla 7-0
Los Lagos
Tel: 56 64-232-754
*If you ship a package with a private courier, it will need the mission office telephone number indicated above. The First Presidency and the quorum of the 12 have determined that missionaries may communicate with family via e-mail during my time in the MTC and in the Field.
Email- sarah.furniss@myldsmail.net
(July 20- August 31 2011)
Sister Sarah Maelyssa Furniss
MTC Mailbox: #302
CHI-OSO 0920
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
United States
Tel: 1-801-422-2602
Mission Home:
(September 2011-December 2012)
Sister Sarah Maelyssa Furniss
Chile Osorno Mission
Casilla 7-0
Los Lagos
Tel: 56 64-232-754
*If you ship a package with a private courier, it will need the mission office telephone number indicated above. The First Presidency and the quorum of the 12 have determined that missionaries may communicate with family via e-mail during my time in the MTC and in the Field.
Email- sarah.furniss@myldsmail.net
Opening The Mission Call!
I opened my call with mom, and jenna & dad on the phone!
OpEnInG my CaLL
I opened my mission call with my mother at my side, my sister Jenna, and father Gary on the phone at 3227 E. Deer Hollow Drive. Honestly, it was an answer to prayer and a dream come true to serve somewhere Spanish speaking, outside of the Continental U.S.
Entering the MTC
In Osorno, I will have a brand new missionary presidency Brother and Sister John E. & Nancy Rappleye from St. George, UT. Brother Rappleye has served as a seminary teacher. I am excited to meet them both. They might even know my Grandparents! Reed and Patricia Wood. My Grandma P. Wood is serving her mission right now in Nauvoo, IL. and has been there since the beginning of 2011. Yay for Sister Wood!
When she got her mission call, she had 11 days to report to Nauvoo! :) I had about 4 months.
During the 4 months- I submitted a deferment form to BYU-ID where I have been a student for the last 3 years (since Fall of 2008). My deferment choice- timing wise was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. I love education, and know that it is something I will complete- even if I delay that process for 18 months!
*I have 4 AmAzInG friends and examples serving missions as well:
1Lindsey Johnson- Tawain, Taichung Mission (March 2011-)
2Valerie Jenson- St. George, UT Mission (June 2011-)
3April Poulter-San Jose, CA Mission (June 2011-)
4Jacqueline Scneiber- ...Sweden Mission (July 6, 2011-)
I will enter the Provo, MTC last! yay! :) July 20th
When she got her mission call, she had 11 days to report to Nauvoo! :) I had about 4 months.
During the 4 months- I submitted a deferment form to BYU-ID where I have been a student for the last 3 years (since Fall of 2008). My deferment choice- timing wise was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. I love education, and know that it is something I will complete- even if I delay that process for 18 months!
*I have 4 AmAzInG friends and examples serving missions as well:
1Lindsey Johnson- Tawain, Taichung Mission (March 2011-)
2Valerie Jenson- St. George, UT Mission (June 2011-)
3April Poulter-San Jose, CA Mission (June 2011-)
4Jacqueline Scneiber- ...Sweden Mission (July 6, 2011-)
I will enter the Provo, MTC last! yay! :) July 20th
Entrance to MTC, Provo: July 20, 2011
I will enter the MTC Provo, July, 20th. Here I will be excited to make friends, perfect my spanish, and develop great social missionary speaking skills.
Reasons to Serve: 1
To share Jesus's love for others!
Reason 2
To learn, grow, and lead. While setting an example of truth for my Father's Family.
Reason 4
To understand more the unending beauty and love of Jesus Christ.
Reason 9
To grow in acuteness to the Holy Ghosts whisperings, and realize my full potential partly through serving others as Christ! I wish I could go longer!
Sarah Arrives at MTC
On Wednesday, July 20th, at about 1:30 pm, Sarah, her mom and her Aunt Tracy, drove to Provo, UT to the MTC. After taking a few photos across the street from the MTC, at the temple, it was time for Sarah to say her "goodbyes." A lot of elders were standing outside in assembly-line fashion to greet the hundreds of newcomers, like Sarah. She looked a little nervous, but entered into a new, exciting phase of her life!